Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Those days are over...........

I remember the day when I stepped out of my school and entered this new institution called 'College'.
It seemed as if I was entering a new World........!!!

Least to say, it was always a tough job for me to get admissions in one of the best and most reputed colleges of Mumbai.

But the hard work was already being done and what was expected was just a piece of 'luck'.......

And thankfully my 'luck' came into play and helped me sail through all these situations, just making the entire process of getting into this college so much simpler and smoother.

I was happy and finally proud to be called a......... 'Ruparelian'......!!!!!

The first purposeful dream of my life was now being realized.


It was really interesting to attend the initial days of my college with my new classmates......all with smiling faces and tremendous enthusiasm.......


There was so much fun around.....lots of New Faces (reflecting too much guts and confident attitudes.......!!!).............

New Styles (be it the flaunting of their fashionable, trendy or designer clothes, crazy yet cool hairstyles or even their stylish international accents........nothing went unnoticed!!!).........

New Topics of Conversations (some were interesting and royal while some were really whacky.....!!!).............

New Perspectives and some New Thoughts....!!!


It was a different atmosphere. Life for everyone was just moving as nicely as every student had dreamt of when in school....!!


But soon these fancy days were overtaken by the high competitiveness of the college studies......and with every approaching exam......the 'Rat Race' started to accelerate.


The class of 'New' students' now began to be called the class of 'Studious' and 'Non-Studious' students....


The initial days of intermingling had just been over. These few days were enough to make new friends and hence form new groups.......


And with all this...the curiousity and anxiety of this new world was soon satisfied and what was left was.......

Studies......Notes.........Exams........Marks.......Percentages......
and.....Ranks.......!!!!!


Life seemed to revolve around only these 6 words.....!!!!


But this was the story of an ordinary student who always thought that college is meant just for studies......books and marks........!!!!


However, there are always a number of other fun elements which, I am sure, everyone likes to play around with, when spending the crucial 5 years of their life in a college........


How can a person forget the..........

Bunking of lectures.......

Roaming in the college campus with friends......

Hanging out in the very famous 'Canteen', sipping a cutting 'chai' or enjoying the yummy(though not all....) canteen snacks.......

Signing proxies for friends in the college attendance........

Completing each other's notes.......

Playing pranks with each other.........

Discussing each other's 'crushes' in the college.........

Celebrating the madness of being able to pass the exam by just one mark or..........

Dancing with joy when unexpectedly topping the class..........

or just Consoling the friends who were unable to make it to the elite list of successful candidates.......!!!



Its all here......in this place called 'College'........!!!
They cannot be experienced any where else.........but just here..........!!!


Just as the School days are unforgettable....College days do have their own place in everyone's life.....!!!

For some, they remain to be the days of sheer hard-work, while for some others, they are the days of ultimate madness, fun and enjoyment.....!!!



I am happy that I have been able to taste and enjoy a tinge of both these flavours of my College life.......!!!!


But today, as I wait for the last day of my College....I look back at them...........those wonderful moments of joy and laughter, of a few tears......of tensions (specially on the day of results......)....of excitement......of hard-work.....of success and the sometimes accompanying failures........!!!


I look back at those days of my Life......all my college days.....
A journey that had begun 5 years back.......
A phase of life that had given way to all my desires of learning new things from this institution of knowledge and making myself capable of facing the upcoming challenges of my life.......!!


These college days are memorable just not for the share of fun they have given to me......

They have helped me Grow and Evolve as a Mature Individual.......Develop my Skills......Explore my New Talents........Recognize my Strengths.......Work upon my Weaknesses.........Brought in Confidence......!!!


Whatever experiences I have had......they have been my guiding chapters with Morals I would always remember for my life....!!!


And as I stand at end of the road to my college life......I get a mixed feeling......


A feeling of Nostalgia, trying to cherish those wonderful days in my memories.....

as also.......

A feeling of Excitement, trying to anticipate what is going to come after this.......



Once again.....I stand at the same junction of my life where I was standing 5 years back.......!!!



Again..............

It seems as if I am entering a New World..........!!!! :):)







2 comments:

Aaditya M. Joshi said...

good writeup!!

u cud elaborate series-wise on this..

Gaurav said...

Krack-Jack read...
little sweet little salty...

Comprehensive, fresh and youthful!!!

*****(out of *****)